Integrated Applications for Education
IT Managers responsible for choosing technologies that ensure the smooth operation of their schools are in luck.
ShoreTel’s distributed UC platform provides a unique foundation for hosting enhanced solutions that specifically improve the efficiency and productivity of operations in K-12 Schools and Colleges and Universities alike.
ShoreTel’s open architecture allows for the integration of extended applications built in-house or by best-of-breed technology partners. Moreover, customers are fully empowered to develop their own custom solutions by leveraging the tools and support available through the ShoreTel Innovation Network.
Education IT Managers should consider the Integrated Applications highlighted below and determine if these might uniquely suit their needs. For a complete list of possibilities you can also periodically reference ShoreTel’s steadily expanding Catalog of Integrated Applications.
- Outbound Campaign IVR Application: Automated notification calls for attendance updates, snow days, upcoming registration deadlines and many more.
- ShoreTel Voice Forms IVR: Allow students and parents to fill forms by telephone. Combined with speech to text capabilities such as those available from Mutare (see below,) such forms can then easily be processed further, all without involving human administrators.
- Emergency Notification: Desktop screen pop and telephone call based alerts that an Emergency or Advisory number has been dialed, sharing location information to allow school staffs to mobilize an internal response to urgent situations.
- Call Handling Mode Schedule: Block or allow calls to classroom phones based on a pre-defined schedule.
- Call Handling Mode Override: Allow authorized individuals to override call blocking in order to reach teachers in classrooms.
- Enhanced Paging: Distributed, batch mode audio and textual paging to hundreds of ShoreTel phone sets.
Beyond that, our growing community of Alliance Partners offers other innovative options. Some highlights for education technologists include:
- SynApps: Advanced paging and notification applications.
- 911 Enable: Automates and simplifies E911 management for enterprise UC systems.
- Mutare: Text conversion of Voice Messages.