ShoreTel Solutions Allow Non-Profits to Focus on the Greater Good
Unified communications are key for non-profit organizations as they engage with donors, evaluate programs, compete for grant funding or discuss legal requirements. However, these organizations generally do not have the financial resources to hire full-time staff members to manage and support overly complex technology. They need a solution that is simple and cost effective to deploy and also easy for employees to use without special training.
“The implementation of the ShoreTel system has really improved what we can offer to members, donors and staff. Probably the biggest benefit we’ve seen is that we now have one system to support the entire company. This has unified our offices and helped our staff stay more connected. I wish we’d implemented ShoreTel sooner.”
- Glenn Rogers, CIO, Girl Scouts of Northern California.
ShoreTel's unified communications solution meets non-profits’ IT and budget needs with functionality far beyond that available from a traditional phone system. When users can collaborate easily whether at a headquarters office or on the road, from a mobile device or at a client location, teams become more productive and communication has more impact. ShoreTel's plug-and-play simplicity and easy-to-master user interface ensure that higher quality communications do not come at the expense of increased burdens on IT resources.
“Our recently completed ShoreTel installation allows us to quickly and efficiently manage over 400 telephones at 10 locations spread across two counties. The ease of use and convenience of a single Web interface to manage users and locations allows the YMCA to only need occasional part-time assistance instead of a full-time telecom manager. This allows us to devote more of our funds to our core mission.”
- Andrew Homan, Network Administrator, YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
“At this time of year, non-profit organizations are often struggling to make the holidays warmer and more comfortable for the people they serve. Worrying about complex communication systems is at the bottom of their priority lists. ShoreTel is pleased to play a small part in helping these organizations run more smoothly.”
- Kevin Gavin, ShoreTel chief marketing officer.
Around the globe, non-profits, such as Salvation Army West Women and Children’s’ Shelter, Safe Haven Shelter, Free Store Food Bank and the British Red Cross, are reaping the benefits of a ShoreTel system which helps them better serve their end causes.
Other non-profit organizations using ShoreTel solutions include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Texas: The oldest, largest, and most effective youth mentoring organization in Texas.
- Compassion Australia: An international Christian child development and advocacy ministry committed to helping children in extreme poverty.
“We needed a solution that improves our communications and relationships without breaking the bank. We decided on ShoreTel because it has the rich features needed in a corporate IP system, including presence management.”
- Michael Macarthur, IT Manager, Compassion Australia
- Heifer International: A global non-profit with a proven solution to ending hunger and poverty in a sustainable way.
- The Royal Agricultural Society of England: Since 1840, RASE has helped support farming and the rural industries by spreading information about the best in research, development and practice.
“Our employees love the new system. Despite the varying levels of IT literacy, they have all embraced ShoreTel technology due to its ease of use.”
- Stewart Page, Assistant Director of ICT, Royal Agricultural Society of England.
- San Francisco SPCA: The San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is a community-supported nonprofit dedicated to saving, protecting and caring for cats and dogs.
- Tim Horton Children’s Foundation: Associated with the Tim Hortons restaurant chain, this non-profit, charitable organization provides fun-filled camping environments for children from economically disadvantaged homes.
“ShoreTel just had the simplicity and resiliency we wanted at the right price. Even with a VoIP equipment donation scenario using another vendor, we had calculated a lower TCO using ShoreTel for the long term.”
- Stash Kossek, Manager of IT, Tim Horton