Sonus enables and secures real-time communications so the world's leading service providers and enterprises of any size can embrace next generation Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) solutions, including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), video, instant messaging (IM) and online collaboration.
With customers in nearly 100 countries and nearly two decades of intelligent network expertise, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of Session Border Controllers (SBCs), WebRTC, media and signaling gateways, policy/routing application servers and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) technology. As a leader in Cloud technologies, all of Sonus’ products are available as either dedicated hardware or fully virtualized.
SBCs play an important role in SIP trunking implementations, delivering enhanced SIP security and interoperability with ShoreTel systems. Sonus SBCs are purpose-built to deliver protection against Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, toll fraud and theft of service. Sonus SBCs are certified with many SIP trunking service providers.
- Reliable interconnect to Service Provider SIP trunks with signal and media conversion
- Interop and Signaling and media interworking/normalization, including multi-vendor PBX, IP-PBX, WebRTC and SIP
- True Carrier-grade High Availability and reliability
- Enterprise security against IP-based attacks including topology hiding and user privacy
- Security from attacks - SBCs are purpose-built architecture delivers top protection against Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks as well as toll fraud and theft of service
- DTMF and IVR interworking - Sonus SBCs can support high levels (thousands of simultaneous sessions) of transcoding without sacrificing critical functionality such as security or call admissions control (CAC). Sonus SBCs provide peak performance, even under extreme conditions and full-fledged network attacks
- Simple - SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers can be provisioned and operational in as little as one hour.