SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 20, 2010 –ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple IP phone systems with fully integrated unified communications (UC), today released ShoreTel Contact Center 6, the latest version of its award-winning call center software.
ShoreTel Contact Center 6 makes it easier than ever for organizations to integrate contact center activities with existing core business processes. New real time APIs and event feeds transform the call center into a dynamic contact center that feeds off the information to self adjust, react and reorganize to enhance the customer experience. This helps call centers improve responsiveness and improve flexibility. Increased scalability and high availability features also provide a robust foundation and flexible geographic footprint for large call centers
As with all previous ShoreTel releases, ShoreTel Contact Center 6 is available as a free upgrade for current customers with a ShoreTel support contract, as part of ShoreTel’s standard support service.
CONTACT CENTER 6: SUMMARY OF NEW FEATURES
- ShoreTel Contact Center 6 includes a new real-time event feed that generates group, queue and agent information through an open application programming interface (API). This makes it easy for systems integrators and customers to create custom applications and integrate ShoreTel Contact Center 6 with existing business applications. The API is accessible to all system integrators and customers through the ShoreTel Developers Network.
- ShoreTel Contact Center 6 introduces the ShoreTel Contact Center Agent Dashboard, a Web based application which enables supervisors to publish customized dashboards for agents. The dashboard, which can be deployed for use on iPads and mobile devices, also provides call center managers with a consolidated view of their call center while on the move.
- ShoreTel also introduces a fast and efficient ShoreTel Contact Center Interaction Viewer that allows supervisors to get an end-to-end view of all interactions, including multimedia interactions. Complete call details, including information collected in the IVR from database dips, are available for organizations interested in creating deep analytics into their call center traffic.
- ShoreTel Communicator is a fully integrated unified desktop client for all users, whether they are call center agents or front desk operators, executives, managers or assistants. Users in a call center role can answer calls, chat, and email while receiving detailed interaction information right on this unified client. This completely eliminates the need for IT administrators to manage and train users on specialized clients for call centers.
- ShoreTel Contact Center 6 increases support for up to 1,000 concurrent agents and 2,000 total agents, making it perfect for enterprises and midsized organizations with large call centers. Advanced redundancy features allow large call centers to effectively deploy their agents in multiple sites while increasing the reliability and uptime of their centers.
- Enhanced reporting, and dramatically fast report generation, now make it easy to track calls from the moment they hit the system until they are resolved or exit the contact center.
Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
“ShoreTel Contact Center 6 is a testament to the our focus on making complex application brilliantly simple through massively open interfaces, tight integration with the UC system and most importantly applications that really make agents, supervisors and mobile managers more informed and productive. With its open interface, increased scale, and new applications, ShoreTel Contact Center 6 makes it easier and more cost effective than ever to integrate contact center operations with core business processes for fingertip access to important caller information.”
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is the provider of brilliantly simple Unified Communication (UC) solutions based on its award-winning IP business phone system. We offer organizations of all sizes integrated, voice, video, data, and mobile communications on an open, distributed IP architecture that helps significantly reduce the complexity and costs typically associated with other solutions. The feature-rich ShoreTel UC system offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, in part because it is easy to deploy, manage, scale and use. Increasingly, companies around the world are finding a competitive edge by replacing business-as-usual with new thinking, and choosing ShoreTel to handle their integrated business communication. ShoreTel is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.