The EX Series of Ethernet switches exhibit five key characteristics that, working together, deliver a true enterprise switching solution: carrier-class reliability, security risk management, network virtualization, application control, and reduced total cost of ownership (TCO). The EX Series (both the EX3200 and EX4200) were designed with today's converged communications networks in mind. These platforms offer full and partial Power over Ethernet (PoE) options to support networked telephones, closed-circuit video cameras, wireless access points and other IP-enabled devices. The EX4200 is truly unique, delivering the best elements of chassis-based systems in a compact and efficient form factor. The EX4200's Virtual Chassis allows up to 10 EX4200 switches to be interconnected over a 128 Gigabit-per-second (Gbps) backplane, allowing it to be managed as single virtual switch.
- Carrier-class reliability
- Security risk management
- Network virtualization
- Application control
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- High-Availabilty and Uptime: EX Series switches leverage the same field-proven Juniper technology - including high-performance ASICs, a carrier-class system architecture, and JUNOS Software -- that powers the world's largest service provider networks
- Protection and Compliance: EX Series switches tightly integrate with Juniper's Unified Access Control (UAC) solution, dynamically delivering network protection, guest access and identity-based QoS based on user, device, and location.
- Flexibility and Lower Cost: Virtual Chassis technology, currently available on the EX4200 line, allows up to 10 switches to be interconnected and managed as a single, logical device, delivering the reliability, scalability, and manageability of traditional chassis-based systems in a cost-effective, compact platform.
- Unmatched Quality of Service: The EX Series switches support eight QoS queues per port, ensuring proper prioritization of control plane, voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic—with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems
- Lower Capex and Opex: A highly scalable pay-as-you-grow architecture, network designs with lower power consumption, space and associated cooling requirements, a common operating system, and unified management tools across the Juniper portfolio all combine to help reduce operational and capital expenses for EX Series Ethernet Switch customers